Outdoor receptions are SO fun! Planning well is the key to making everything come together the way you envision. A few things you'll want to think about when planning for an outdoor reception:
1. Proximity to indoor location(s) is important in case of inclement weather and/or serving food.
2. Considering the position of the sun is important for making everyone as comfortable as possible.
3. A backup plan in case it does rain
4. Lighting - how well lit will the area be after dark & will you need to add any extra lights?
5. Sound - where and how will you set up your DJ or sound system?
6. Set up - set up will be more extensive if you choose to have your reception outside. Planning for extra help is always a good idea.
7. Wind --- this is something that is often overlooked. If it's a windy day, tablecloths have a hard time staying in place so you may want to have an alternative plan for tablecloths.
Hope Springs has a great outdoor space in our barn-side courtyard for an outdoor reception. Almost this whole space is shaded in the evening, and the concrete patio makes a perfect dance floor. The area is well lit, with tons of options for set up. We have power on both our barn and Farm Hall, which are only about 30' apart. We can help you create the perfect back up plan in case of inclement weather too!
Priorities. Everyone has them. Usually multiple ones. Really think about your wedding day priorities and the vision you have for your day. Choose a venue and vendors that will make your priorities their priorities, not the other way around. When you're searching for a venue, here are some priorities to consider:
--A great getting ready location
--A unique ceremony location
--A stress free wedding experience
--Ease of location for guests
--Options for ceremony & reception set up
--A relaxing & fun atmosphere
--A backup location in case of inclement weather
Hi, I'm Lauren! I opened Hope Springs Farm in 2015 and it's been an amazing journey so far! I always wanted to be a wedding coordinator growing up in my small town of 600. My dreams have come true plus more owning a wedding venue. I LOVE hosting weddings on our farm with clients from all over the United States. It's awesome serving families and seeing them love their time here. It's my goal to truly create a wedding experience, not just host an everyday wedding where you're hustled in and hustled out of the venue. I love seamless wedding days where everything just comes together and I do my part to help make that happen.